Szechuan Chicken

COMMENTS:
I love the flavor of this meal! I use whatever vegetables I have on hand. This last time I used zucchini, carrots, and yellow squash instead of a bell pepper. I also left out the scallions. Also, I didn't have any rice wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar (just a bit less than the recipe calls for) with success.
What a yummy meal - that's all I can say!

INGREDIENTS:
1 tablespoon corn oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1 small zucchini, julienned
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 bunch scallions, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces

DIRECTIONS:
Heat the oils in a wok or pan over high heat.

Toss the cubed chicken in a bowl with the cornstarch to coat.

Add the chicken and minced garlic to the wok and stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned.

Add the soy sauce, vinegar, vegetables, chicken broth, and brown sugar; cover and cook for three minutes.

Add the scallions. Cover and cook for two more minutes.

Serve with hot rice.

No comments: