Shanghai Veggies, Chicken, and Noodles

COMMENTS:
I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker. My son loves noodles, my daughter loves chicken, and I love veggies. This meal gives us all a little bit of what we love and all of what we need. (My husband loves all of the above!)

INGREDIENTS:
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
12 oz. pasta (I just used what I had on hand - spaghetti)
1 bag stir-fry veggies
1/2 cup hoisin sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile heat skillet and a little bit of oil (or nonstick spray) over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cooking until brown.
Add veggies stirring until they are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
Stir in hoisin sauce and allow to boil, stirring constantly for one minute.
Add pasta, toss until well coated and heated through.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), GF pasta, all-purpose gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

No comments: