Hash Brown, Egg, Sausage Bake

COMMENTS:
I found this recipe on Pinterest: http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/07/30/freezer-breakfast-cupcakes/#y2xoe4b6WesCxYrt.32 titled Freezer Breakfast Cupcakes. However, I have not tried freezing them (I'm kind of leery about how they'll turn out from the freezer even though the site says they are good) and I only halved the recipe in a casserole dish (I have an aversion to washing the muffin pan).

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 bag of hash browns
1 package sausage
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

COMMENTS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage, slice it, and set aside.
Heat hash browns until almost done (but not completely browned).
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
Place hash browns in greased casserole dish (9"x7"). Top with cheese, then sausage.
Pour egg mixture evenly on top.
Bake for 25 minutes until egg is set.


SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

No comments: