Confetti Turkey Loaf

COMMENTS:
This is a recipe from my nutritionist: Healthy, gluten-free, and delicious! (I didn't have time to cook wild rice so I just used Brown Minute Rice - it required about 1/2 cup more than wild rice.) Also, the original recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon of fennel seed OR dill weed. I didn't want the fennel to overpower in taste so I only used about a teaspoon. I may try dill weed next time for variety.

INGREDIENTS:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup frozen mixed bell peppers
1 cup cooked wild rice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound ground turkey
2 eggs
1 medium carrot, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon fennel seed

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat a loaf pan with olive oil.
Heat olive oil and saute onion and peppers until soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine cream and rice. Allow to soak five minutes.
Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
Shape (or pour) into loaf pan and bake about an hour.

No comments: