Favorite Chili

COMMENTS:
I have had a favorite chili recipe for years. But now that I am gluten free and dairy free and need my meals to be more balanced, I tried the recipe from my nutritionist - with a few adaptations : I used about half the amount of spices and left out the Tabasco sauce. I topped this with Dairy Free Sour Cream. YUM! From my kids', "This is the best chili I have EVER had!" From my husband, "This is really good!" (Hence my creative title!)

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground beef
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, choppedLink1 green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 16-oz. jar salsa (gluten free)
1 16-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

DIRECTIONS:
Brown meats in saucepan. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in same pan and cook the onion, garlic, and green pepper until tender.
Return browned meat to pan with vegetables and add spices, tomatoes, and salsa. Heat to boiling, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add kidney beans and heat to boiling.
Keep warm until serving time.

No comments: