Not Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes

COMMENTS:
I found a recipe for "stuffed sweet potatoes" but didn't like a couple of the ingredients and I had a hard time keeping the skins of my sweet potatoes together... Here is what I came up with instead. Super yummy!

INGREDIENTS:
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tablespoons butter, slightly softened
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg
sprinkle of ginger
pinch of salt
miniature marshmallows, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Poke sweet potatoes and bake until done. (I used my automatic setting on my microwave; you can also bake them.) Allow to cool long enough so they are easy to handle but are still warm.
In small bowl mix together butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set half of this mixture aside.
Scoop out insides of sweet potatoes and place in bowl with flavorings; mix well. Transfer to baking dish(es).
Sprinkle with remaining butter mixture and with marshmallows.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until marshmallows are brown.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: