Beef Stroganoff

COMMENTS:
This was a HUGE hit! I wasn't so sure how it would turn out... Although I was following a recipe I found online, I made it gluten-free, as well as adapted some ingredients so I wouldn't have to go to the store. But it was a huge hit! My daughter asked if I could make it a freezer meal and then added, "Or just make it more often!" Serve it over rice (or egg noodles if you are not GF.)

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tips
1/4 cup flour (gluten free)
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon brown mustard
1 1/2 cups sour cream

DIRECTIONS:
Mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
Melt butter in pan. Meanwhile, coat beef in flour mixture.
Add (coated) beef and onion to the melted butter.
Let cook, stirring occasionally until beef is cooked.
Add beef broth, mushrooms, Worcestershire, ketchup, and mustard; stir.
Let simmer on low at least 1 hour.
Stir in sour cream 5-10 minutes before serving.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: