Power Salad

COMMENTS:
A super yummy salad! (Original recipe found here.) I just tweaked it a little for what I had and what I knew our family would (or wouldn't) eat.


SALAD INGREDIENTS:
Baby spinach - one container
1/2 can corn
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (I used a large can of chicken)
1 avocado, sliced
1/3 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup sesame seeds

DRESSING INGREDIENTS: 
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:
Toss salad ingredients together.
Mix dressing ingredients together; pour over salad as desired.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: