Overnight Oatmeal Bake

COMMENTS:
I'm always in search of new oatmeal bake recipes. I found this one on allrecipes and barely adapted it. I didn't have any raisins but they didn't seem needed. This one was a hit for the kids because of the "carmelized" top and it was a hit for me because I could make it the night before and just stick it in the oven in the morning. (Maybe I could do that with all of them?) However, this does not need to be made the night before. Just change the cooking time to 30 minutes if made right before baking.

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Beat together oil and sugar. Add eggs and milk. Stir in salt, baking powder, and oats. (Stir in 1/2 cup raisins here, if desired.) Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate over night.
In the morning bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (or 30 minutes if made right before baking).

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated with less oil and sugar May, 2015

No comments: