Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bake

COMMENTS:
My daughter found this recipe on Pinterest and asked me to make it for some variety with my breakfast bakes. It was great but I think it would be a better dessert than breakfast. My daughter called it "breakfast in heaven." Amanda (the recipe creator) wasn't kidding when she said it tastes like cookie dough! This recipe makes only one serving in a ramekin - I just tripled it and baked it in three separate dishes.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tablespoon peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter)
1/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons agave (or honey)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup oats
2 Tablespoons almond flour
1 Tablespoon chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease small oven-safe dish(es).
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, applesauce, agave, vanilla, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add oats and almond flour, stirring until you have a sticky dough. Add in chocolate chips.
Spread "dough" in dishes and bake for about 20 minutes.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

No comments: