White Chicken Chili Soup

COMMENTS:
I found this recipe on Pinterest from a blog called Flourish. I adapted it slightly for what I had on hand and since most of my family prefers more mild flavors. I also made it with more chicken broth, making it more of a soup than a chili. I thought the flavor was phenomenal; my husband thought it could have used more spice... so add more/less cumin as you desire.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cans chicken broth
1 can white beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can green chilies
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil. Once tender add to remaining ingredients in crockpot, cooking on low for 4-6 hours.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

No comments: