Candy Cane Punch

COMMENTS:
I have made this punch several years in a row for my husband's staff Christmas party. I originally found it in a Taste of Home Magazine. I love it!

INGREDIENTS:
20 oz. strawberry jelly/jam
2 liters lemon-lime soda
2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
miniature candy canes for garnish, if desired

DIRECTIONS:
In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups of soda.
Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda. Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl and gently stir in jelly mixture and remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

No comments: