Beef Stew

COMMENTS:
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. Winter is the perfect time for soup so I thought I would branch out of my chicken soups and try this one. (My husband was thrilled with the change!) I put this together one night, placed it in the fridge, and then plugged it in the next morning. So simple! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. beef stew meat
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 container beef broth
1 can (11.5 oz) V8 juice
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas

DIRECTIONS:
In slow cooker, combine first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: