Crockpot Granola

COMMENTS:
We really enjoy granola on our yogurt so I was excited to find a simple recipe to make it on my own. Thanks again to Pinterest (original post here)!
INGREDIENTS:
5 cups oats (I have used both quick and old fashioned successfully)
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup olive oil (I think I'll try coconut oil next time)
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, mixing well.
Cook on low for three hours, leaving the lid cracked open a bit the whole time.
Stir after one hour, then every 30 minutes for the second hour, and every 15 minutes the third hour.
Allow it to cool before placing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: