Hoisin Ginger Beef

COMMENTS:
A great freezer meal! This is one I threw in the crockpot for the family to have while I was gone. They texted me saying it was a good thing I wasn't there because they didn't save me any. And, will I make it again?

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds sirloin steak
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 drops tabasco sauce

Serve with: rice, sesame seeds, and green onion

DIRECTIONS:
Place all ingredients (except rice, sesame seeds, and green onion) in freezer bag and freeze.
Thaw the night before in refrigerator (if you remember) and cook in crockpot for 4-8 hours (this depends on the kinds of crockpot you have).
Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If I have labeled a recipe as GlutenFree or Dairy Free but it appears to have those ingredients in it... that means the recipe is still delicious with substitutes/replacements. Ex: soy milk, lactose-free cheese, Bragg's liquid aminos (for soy sauce), all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is my favorite), etc. Please check your individual ingredients to be sure they are GF or DF, if that is what you need.

updated 10/2014

No comments: